Feb 7, 2010

Salvia Divinorum

Slightly unrelated topic, but I recently received my Salvia cutting from a kiwi distributer. The poor little thing was on its last legs when I received it; it was very wilted and in general bad health.
I kept it on a windowsill in fresh water for a few days to fully hydrate it.



Salvia Divinorum

Before buying it I read many Salvia growing guides and used them as a basis for my soil mix which was roughly:
  • 1 Part Aged Grass
  • 1 Part Regular Compost
  • 1 Part Course Sand
  • 3 Rich Soil
  • 1/4 Cup Limestone.





    I planted it on the 29/01/10 using the above soil mix in a large plastic pot (The idea is that I won't have to re-pot it for a good while). She has been kept in my tiny grow-room outside and misted regally to keep the humidity up (There is also a small tray of water in the grow-room). It has now been about 10 days and I can already see signs of good new growth!
    At every nodule a new set of leavers are being pushed out! This can be seen in the following pics:



    Salvia Divinorum



    Salvia Divinorum showing new growth at nodules.



    Salvia Divinorum showing new growth at nodules.



    Salvia Divinorum showing new growth at nodules.



    Sally in my very empty grow-room, hopefully find her some friends soon!


    I am very happy with this progress, and I can't wait to see how it continues! :>
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment