Feb 17, 2010

Nicotiana Tabacum Seeds

On the 17/02/10 I planted some Nicotiana tabacum Seeds that I brought from Trademe. They were Organically grown in the same Environment (North Island) as I will be growing them so they should be better adapted.

Nicotiana Tabacum is said to be one of the most significant entheogen in human history. Nicotiana Tabacum is originally from South america where is was used ceremonially, for healing purposes and to drive away bad spirits by the Native Tribes. Later it was cultivated and traveled North where it was used by Native americans for similar ceremonial purposes for thousands of years.

I planted the seeds into a special seed propagator, this has 5X4 Individual cells, a bottom tray, and a lid. This allows me to bottom water easily and the lid increases humidity.



Nicotiana Tabacum seedlings must be transplanted early on so as to not damage the tap root (this causes sluggish growth). Therefore they will only be in the propagator for a week at most until I plant them out. I have brought cheap plant bags instead of pots to save money!

Hopefully I will have a good germination rate, although they have been sow late in season.
Some of the seeds seem to have turned a white colour - perhaps the emerging roots?

No comments:

Post a Comment