Dec 4, 2009

T. Bridgesii & T Peruvianus

















On the 4/11/09 I planted 16 Echinopsis lageniformis (Trichocereus bridgesii) seeds & 50 Echinopsis peruviana syn. Trichocereus peruvianus seeds. Both brought from the same Ebay seller from Bolivia?

They are planted in a small lidded seed tray I picked up from a local garden centre. I've been misting them every other day to keep the humidity up. The soil is a standard commercial cactus mix with a little corse sand added on top after they had germinated. I heard this will help prevent the seedlings from damping off and diseases (it also makes them look slightly desert like :>)

They have been grown on a windowsill with little direct sunlight, and with no heating (i'm poor).
I taped a few sheets of kitchen roll onto the lid to filter some of the light, this seems to work great.

I've had a pretty high germination rate which I think is down to the warm weather I am having at the moment. Most germinated in the first two weeks!
They are growing nicely,and allot of them are producing their first little Areoles!

No comments:

Post a Comment