Jun 6, 2010

Trichocereus Bridgesii & Trichocereus Peruvianus Seedlings

These seedlings are were sown 4/11/09 so are now just over 8 months old. They have been slightly neglected in terms of getting regular watering which is why they are still rather small. Next season I am sure they will pick up the slack (as long as I do too!). Originally I planted out 20 T. Bridgesii & 50 T. Peruvianus seeds into clear row so that they could be differentiated. However my dad accidentally tipped the whole lot of seedlings all over the floor! I rescued as many as I could but as they were still tiny & fragile seedlings so many were lost. They were also mixed between the two species.


Despite the mixing of the two species mentioned above - it is now clear to see the difference between the two. This image shows a T. Peruvianus on the left and a T. Bridgesii on the right.


Seedling tray on the 7/06/10.


Seedling tray on the 4/11/09.

No comments:

Post a Comment