Jun 6, 2010

Mega Plant Update!

I haven't been keeping up to date with my blogging unfortunately. So this will be an update of almost all of my collection!
Its become winter here in NZ so things are starting to shut down. But unlike the UK the winters are mild and there is the occasional sunny day so some things are still growing (slowly).
I'll start with my windowsill cacti.

This Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa graft was done on the 4/12/09, It is now just over 7 months old. It was my first attempt at grafting any cacti & I must say its gone brilliantly - beginners luck perhaps! Its grown to 3.5+cm in diameter & has sprouted 6 pups! Two of which are already <2cm!
Here are some pics:




Provocative!


Here you can see one of the pups pupping! Now that in an accomplishment!







Here is a pic of how it started out 2 weeks after it was first grafted:


This is some incredible growth for just 7 months! It hasn't even experienced a full NZ summer yet! I cannot wait to see the results for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment