Dec 4, 2009

The First Seedling










Last month I ordered 20 Echinopsis lageniformis (Previously Trichocereus bridgesii) seeds from an Ebay vendor. I am pretty sure they are the correct genus but I guess only time will tell!

I was so eager to plant them when they came, that four went straight into a tiny terracotta pot I had. A water bottle with the bottom cut off provided the humidity needed to germinate.

A few days later one of the tiny seedlings began to emerge! (it was greeted with a worrying amount of excitement).

An accident a few days after caused the pot to fall off the windowsill and spill soil everywhere (devastated :<) but I managed to save and replant the fragile seedling.
It kept on growing wonderfully and is now about 50mm (1/2 cm) tall!

Here are a few pics, as you can see it has formed its first four Areoles!

No comments:

Post a Comment